Thursday, April 23, 2009

VALLEY OF THE NECROMANCER KINGS!

Wow, what a week. I have sent off my One Page Dungeon to ChattyDM. It seems that I have right up to the closing date to edit it, but I am not a believer in doing so immediately. I shall leave this one for a few days before reading it again with a fresh set of eyes.

Incidentally, this one went through 14 revisions in CorelDRAW. Prior to that, the catacomb layout went through a number of incarnations before landing in my Little Black Book of Dungeons(tm)**. I have to say that the experience for me was priceless and I want to talk about that in a separate post. Something along the lines of 'Evolution of a D&D Dungeon.'

So without further ado, I present to you Valley of the Necromancer Kings (in an --almost editionless format--see previous post). Writing it was a lot of fun and I hope that it invokes the spirit of Keep on the Borderlands, Temple of Elemental Evil, Lich Lords, the Demonic Three and the World of Orb ( the last two are purely for those who know them). I had so much fun in fact, that I would like to revisit the Valley of the Necromancer Kings as an Adventure Dungeons & Danger Game Module.

Tomorrow I get back into Temple and the other Adventure Dungeons & Danger modules. No rest for the wicked! Again --as always-- comments and questions are welcome :)

** Not actually a SWS product but is in fact my version of a Handy-Billy; my Moleskine Pocket Squared Notebook. Buy one; you will never know when you need to DM a quick Dungeon Bash. Hmm, maybe a pocket sized book of dungeons would be a good product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter